EINECS number 203-466-5
CAS number 107-13-1
Acrylonitrile is a colorless, volatile liquid that is widely used in the chemical industry as a building block for a variety of products. It is also known as vinyl cyanide or cyanoethylene.Some of the common uses of acrylonitrile include:Production of Synthetic Fibers: Acrylonitrile is a key raw material for the production of synthetic fibers, including acrylic and modacrylic fibers, which are used in textiles and apparel.Production of Plastics and Resins: Acrylonitrile is used to produce a variety of plastics and resins, such as acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene (ABS), styrene-acrylonitrile (SAN), and acrylonitrile-styrene-acrylate (ASA) resins, which are used in a range of applications including automotive parts, pipes, and packaging.Production of Adhesives and Sealants: Acrylonitrile is used to produce adhesives and sealants, which are used in a variety of applications including construction, automotive, and aerospace industries.Production of Carbon Fibers: Acrylonitrile is a key raw material for the production of carbon fibers, which are used in aerospace, military, and sporting goods applications due to their high strength and light weight.Production of Specialty Chemicals: Acrylonitrile is also used in the production of specialty chemicals such as acrylic acid, acrylamide, and adiponitrile, which are used in a variety of applications including water treatment, personal care, and pharmaceuticals.Acrylonitrile is a hazardous chemical and must be handled with care. Exposure to acrylonitrile can cause respiratory problems, skin irritation, and can be toxic if ingested or absorbed through the skin. Therefore, proper safety precautions must be taken when handling and using acrylonitrile.
EINECS number 940-726-3
CAS number 185857-36-7
GTL Solvent GS190 is a high-performance, low-aromatic, and low-toxicity solvent that is derived from natural gas through the gas-to-liquids (GTL) process. It is a clear, colorless, and odorless liquid with a boiling point of 190 °C (374 °F) and a flash point of 77 °C (171 °F).
GTL Solvent GS190 has a wide range of applications in the industrial sector, including:
- Coatings and Inks: GTL Solvent GS190 is used as a solvent for coatings and inks, especially in applications where low odor and low toxicity are required.
- Adhesives and Sealants: GTL Solvent GS190 is used as a solvent for adhesives and sealants, providing excellent solvency and low toxicity.
- Cleaning and Degreasing: GTL Solvent GS190 is used as a cleaning solvent in applications such as metal degreasing, precision cleaning, and electronics cleaning.
- Personal Care and Cosmetics: GTL Solvent GS190 is used as an ingredient in personal care and cosmetic products, such as hair sprays, deodorants, and fragrances, due to its low odor and excellent solvency.
- Agriculture: GTL Solvent GS190 is used as a carrier solvent for agricultural chemicals, such as herbicides and insecticides, providing excellent solvency and low toxicity.
EINECS number 209-753-1
CAS number 592-41-6
Linear Alpha Olefins (LAO) are olefins (alkenes) with the formula CxH2x. Unlike other linear olefins with the same formula the LAO’s have their double bond position at the primary carbon or alpha position. LAO C6 is C6H12 with the chemical name 1-Hexene.
LAO C6 1-hexene is used as a co-monomer in co-polymerization reactions with, for example, ethylene. Another application is the production of hexanaldehyde by oxidation. A third possibility is to extend the carbon chain with carbon monoxide by carrying out a hydroformylation reaction to produce heptanoic acid.