EINECS number 204-633-5
CAS number 123-51-3
Pentanols – 99% (Isoamyl Alcohol)
Isoamyl Alcohol (at a minimum purity of 99%), is a mixture of isomers 3-methyl, 1-butanol and 2-methyl , 1-butanol, with a preponderance of the first (aproximately 85%). The raw material used by PETROM in the production of Isoamyl Alcohol is fusel oil, which in turn is a byproduct of the distilling of ethyl alcohol (ethanol).
Applications: The main applications of Isoamyl Alcohol are:
– the manufacturing of paints and varnishes, to produce isoamyl acetate;
– the manufacturing of plasticizers for the production of DIAP (DiisoAmyl phthalate);
– the manufacturing of perfumes, for the recovery of oils and essences;
– the synthesis of fragrances and aromas;
– the production of isoamyl salicylate, applied widely in soaps and cosmetic fragrances;
– the purification of phosphoric acid, acting as an extraction solvent.
– the production of Xanthates (mining industry)
For sale specifications or general informationContact us